Monday, August 30, 2010

CUVVSP11B - Apply Technique to Produce Digital Images

Famous People

I originally wanted to put myself with James Dean walking down the street, I tried to take many different pictures to get the right shot, it didn't work so I looked for other pictures that may have been suitable and so I found Sean Connery. The angles aren't quite right and trying to get the tone and depth right is very hard in black and white. I tried softening the lines around my face, more work probably would help and better skills in photoshop.

Underwater



I loved creating this image, I had a lot of fun doing it. I had a head start with this as my brother had taken some beautiful underwater shots that I used in this image. Merging different elements into one photo was a challenge, I think if my brother could see what I did to his photos he would have a good laugh. The colours were just so vibrant and trying to get the lightning right with the background that I choose was interesting. More refinement work needs to be done but overall I am happy with my skill level and what I achieved.


When It Rains It Pours




I thought about this photo and decided to make it a little bit humourous, although my sense of humour can be debated. I thought what would cause a car wreck on a wet day apart from the weather, a good looking woman! Hence Marilyn Monroe. But what would top of the car wreck, naturally of course it would have to be a piano falling on top of the wreck, making totally unsalvagable. I love black and white photography but trying to get the images looking correct was difficult. More work definately needed!

Me, Myself and I



Originally I thought I would do a picture in the park and take different images of me in the park, but when I thought about it, I realised that my photoshop skills weren't up to this. I must admit that photoshop is definitely not one of my strong points and I really struggle using this program. In saying this I decided to try and create a class portrait, the trouble I had with this was that the lighting changed with each shot even though the same settings were used on the camera and the camera itself was on a tripod. The lighting in the room was from overhead as evidenced in the middle shots where the light is brighter, I must admit that this looks better in black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment