Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Serialcut

I found this website hard to navigate around at first, they have some interesting concepts about typography and the use of pictures to either promote or enhance their work. It would be interesting to see more of their work that they have created. They definitely have a different view on advertising, more creative, some of it works, although for me personally some of it is just overdone (it may be an age thing, or the way I view the world), it is more art for me than advertising.



I love the colours used in this picture, it reminds me of the circus, and its a fun way to display a boring item such as a microphone. The circular bit around the microphone reminds me of the big top (circus tent).



The above image has a museum feel to it, the colours used enhance this feeling. The words used and the type all create another element that looks like scultpture. The typography used is similar to quilling but reminds me of layers of chocolate flake bars.



Although this image is hard to read, I really like the art deco feel to it. It appears that the women are wearing the letters as scarves, coats and wraps. It is a really interesting way to make you look further into the image to make you read it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment